Friday, March 6, 2009

Come on in the Room and tribbles outraces the Greyhounds


Come On In The Room (Jeremys Mix) - The Georgia Mass Choir


I was born and raised in the south. I am a genuine country person, with all the blessings and perils and hang ups that come with our history. I was a child during the civil rights movement, so I am still being healed in my spirit and my emotions and have found that Gods word is my medicine.
This song is about Grannys. Grannys are very important in your life. They teach, and counsel, and especially they protect you from your parents when they want to do you physical harm.
This song b y the Georgia Mass Choir is about a Granny who knows who to call on in time of trouble.
The Granny who sings is  like my Granny, Parthena (an Alady), was. Grannys job was to pray --all day it seemed. She was always praying for us, and counseling us, and when she sent for you, you knew she knew all of your BIZNESS by the spirit.

The Grannys I knew did not have the privilege of a lot of formal education. This Granny sings that Jesus writes out all of her ""Scriptions" but that all right to.
I don't have patience with people who mock the way some people pronounce certain words. Language is to communicate--if you understood what they said, whats the big deal? Do you know Russian? Or Spanish? Everybody has shortcomings, especially petty people.
Lets stop making fun of how people talk. The mature person HELPS somebody! Shonda!
Listen to Come on In The Room. Its an old time country gospel song. These kinds of songs are the fabric of our culture.
Wait till you hear, "Jesus Dropped the Charges" lol, a Classic!

No comments:

Post a Comment